Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just let me fly.

My mind is cloudy again. I'm in the sky, and I'm not sure I want to come down. I thought I was ready. I thought I was sure. It's true I've never felt it this deep before, but it's slipping away, fast. And, I'm keeping on flying. It's true, that we can communicate with the fire in our eyes for one another. And, we can dream of the leaves under our feet as we will dance. It wasn't just words, but we haven't seen each other. And, it was exactly as we left it and we laughed all night. But you're still not as high as me in the sky. You are all up for trying to bring me down playing all of your jealous games. You don't understand that it doesn't work, but it grounds me to know you want to try. I go out with my friends, and I find myself thanking the sky that I fly alone and free. That's how I know I'm better than I once was. I am not attached to my heart anymore. I'm scared to board your plane. So, don't expect you to be apart of my baggage. I don't know what I want anymore. I don't know where I want to fly. I'm afraid that I'll fly back home in the winter. Just let me fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment